Promotional tie-ins to the Super Bowl are not new. Advertisers will be spending about $4.5 million dollars per commercial. Local retailers are looking for some way to connect their product to the big game. But no effort is as creative as that of the Lutheran Church. Dr. Katrina Foster, the Pastor of Incarnation Lutheran Church in Bridgehampton and St. Michael’s Lutheran Church in Amagansett has produced a witty 30- second commercial which will air on East End radio stations seeking to link worship to the game.
In a friendly, smiling, rapid fire delivery, Pastor Foster states there are some things that are certain:
- Whoever scores the most points will win.
- No matter how much you yell, the people on TV will not hear you.
- No matter what you wear, it won’t change the outcome of the game.
In a more serious tone Dr. Foster tells listeners:
- You can yell and God will hear you.
- You can pray and God will listen.
- You can wear whatever you want when you come to our church. 9am at Incarnation Lutheran Church in Bridgehampton and 11am at St. Michael’s Lutheran Church in Amagansett, where everybody is a winner.
Reverend Foster says the Lutheran Church is looking to connect with people in ways that matter to them and in words that will resonate with them, and she says this week it’s the big game at MetLife Stadium that her parishioners and other Long Islanders are talking about.