March is around the corner and it begins with jazz before morphing into some great early Rock' n Roll celebrations. You can make your plans now; the events are a short distance from Farmingdale:
Jon Batiste at the Landmark on Main Street
The Landmark in Port Washington presents iconic jazz artist Jon Batiste on Friday, March 1, 2013 at 8 p.m. With his voice on piano and dapper sense of style, he has ignited the NYC music scene. He has performed in over 40 countries, has appeared in Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, Concertgebouw, has released several CD’s.
- Price: All tickets $20.
- Info: Tickets and information at the box office phone 516-767-6444 or www.landmarkonmainstreet.org.
New Date: The Temptations and the Four Tops
The Temptations and The Four Tops, originally scheduled for Saturday, February 9 at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury will now perform on Friday, March 15 at 7 p.m. It's a second chance to see classic rock and roll at its finest.
- Price: $69.50 and $49.50 plus applicable service charges and are available online at www.ticketmaster.com, charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or at the Westbury box office.
- Info: For more information visit www.thetheatreatwestbury.com.
Doo Wop and the Dawn of Rock in Huntingon
The Cinema Arts Centre offers rare clips and footage in this story about the origins of Rock 'n Roll. on Tuesday March 12 at 7:30 p.m..
- Price: CAC Members $10 / Public $15. Includes reception.
- Info: Tickets can be purchased online, www.CinemaArtsCentre.org at the box office during theater hours or by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006
About this column: "Long Island Culture" is a new Patch Friday feature highlighting upcoming cultural and arts events around our region. Add yours in the comment section below and to our events calendar. You can also pitch your best offerings to Local Editor Joe Dowd at email@example.com.