Prom is one of the most important events in teenager’s life and something that is remembered for years.
Since prom is coming soon, it is time to go to your local florist and order that perfect corsage and boutonniere.
The owner of , Bruce, gave the New Hyde Park Patch these tips and insights on trends this year.
- This year’s popular item is adding rhinestones to the corsage. Each rose, usually four for a corsage, will have a rhinestone. What has also become more popular is adding lace.
- Wrist corsages made of sweetheart roses and white roses are top choices for prom this year, as they are most years. Dendrobium orchids and Alstroemeria lilies are also excellent choices for your corsage.
- Many seem to go with white roses with ribbon or lace in the color of the girl's dress.
- Order your corsages and boutonniere’s approximately seven to 10 days before you will need them. Keep in mind this is also peak wedding season and certain flowers are in high demand. To ensure your corsage is exactly as you would like, take the time to place your orders early.
- Bringing a swatch of the dress is helpful in picking out the right ribbon/lace.
Your local florists are experts in customizing your corsage in your budget. The following is a list of your local florists, ready and willing to help create that perfect corsage and boutonniere for this special occasion.
16 S 1st St, New Hyde Park | 516-354-1702
Hours: Mon - Sat, 9am - 5:30pm; Sun, closed
125 Herricks Rd, New Hyde Park | 516-248-5300
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
1213 Jericho Tpke, New Hyde Park | 516-328-7545
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 7pm
1640 Hillside Ave, New Hyde Park | 718-343-5525
Hours: Mon - Sat, 8:30am - 6pm
2101 Hillside Ave, New Hyde Park | 516-248-2300
Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, 10am - 2pm
613 Jericho Tpke, New Hyde Park | 516-354-9574
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, closed
140 Hillside Ave, New Hyde Park | 516-328-1529
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm