Each morning, visit Patch to get the scoop on the top five things you need to know about Garden City, Mineola and New Hyde Park for the day - or weekend. Whether it’s an important meeting, fun event or a can't miss story, we'll make sure you stay informed on the top things that are defining your community right now.
Five things you need to know Aug. 22:
1. Want to learn more about identity theft? Attend the Identity Theft: How Naked Are You? seminar at the Mineola Memorial Library at 7 p.m.
2. If you're looking for some fun, try FunDay Monday at North Hempstead Beach Park starting at 10 a.m.
3. Take part in the summer food drive at the Garden City Public Library from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Attend the Garden City Retired Mens' Club at 12 p.m. at 6 Golf Club Lane.
5. Get a work out during Zumba at the Hillside Public Library at 7 p.m.