It's December, and that means the holidays are upon us.
All this month, New Hyde Park Patch is paying special attention to the holidays. Know of holiday events that need coverage, like a school concert or a fund-raiser? Need help finding where to buy a tree, donate food or cater dinner? Want to have your holiday lights shown off and your electric bill paid? We will be covering all of these topics and more this month in our Holiday Guide.
For all holiday events: Please add the events to our calendar and make sure the Holiday Guide category is checked off. If the event already happened, please send some photos and a summary of how it went to Vanessa Canner.
For our holiday guides: We want your input on the best places to donate, eat, drink, buy gifts and be merry in Huntington. Let us know about it.
- Nonprofits collecting holiday donations: We want to include every charitable giving opportunity being run by local non-profits.
- Places to choose a Christmas tree: Tell us your perennial favorite places to take the kids to pick out the best Blue Spruce or Scotch Pine.
- Places to eat holiday dinners out: If you own a restaurant, please let us know if you're open and what hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Places with public New Year’s Eve parties
- Places open on Christmas Day: If your business is open, let us know.
- Houses of worship holiday services schedule: Contact us and we'll make sure your holiday services are listed prominently.
- Places to catch a holiday performance: We'll gladly run all holiday performances, from elementary school shows to professional performances nearby. We just need to know about them. We can't attend them all, but we will run your photos of the event afterward.
- Local gift guide: We want residents to shop local this season. If you're locally owned, tell us about something special you offer the community not available elsewhere. Perhaps it's a gift certificate, an exotic food or dessert, or a unique craft.
Have other ideas on how we can guide residents through the holidays? Simply contact Vanessa Canner.