Did you know the average consumer will spend $130 on Valentine's Day gifts? Gifts do not have to be expensive though. Check out these ideas from Patch readers for romantic Valentine's Day gifts that do not cost anything:
- "Time." - Debbie N.
- "A nice LONG hug...simple as pie!" - Lovely S.
- "A day at home ALONE!!!!!" - Elizabeth H.
- "Well, I have no 'love' but I think that a foot rub for about 20 minutes would really be great." - Dodie P.
- "A note on the bathroom mirror. Little notes in the lunch. Notes on your pillow. Little hearts cut out and spread around the house." - Karla B.
- “A nice walk and a picnic, also compose a love poem.” – Betty P.
- “How about a massage. Love those!” – Jodie B.
- “Homemade gift certificates redeemable for (fill-in-blank): back rub, bubble bath, car wash, dinner, something that's been on the Honey Do list.” – Pamela H.
- “One year I came home to about 100 folded pieces of paper all over the bed, each with a different reason why he loves me. Best present ever!” – Mary D.
- “A love letter....” – Amanda H.
Don't forget, you can also publicly declare your love and affection by posting a free Valentine’s Day message for your sweetheart on Patch.