The following arrest information was supplied by several local police departments. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Nassau County Police arrested an Elmont man on charges of forging a prescription for codeine Thursday afternoon in Mineola.
A fully-involved car fire occurred at Roslyn Road and the Northern State Parkway on Sept. 30 at 8:58 p.m.
A fatal auto accident occurred on Sept. 29, 2013 at 11:55 a.m. According to detectives, while operating a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant eastbound in the right hand lane of Old Country Road in the vicinity of Merchants Concourse and the Source Mall, the 27 year old male driver appeared to have suffered a medical emergency, veered abruptly to the right, mounted the curb and struck a tree. As a result of the accident the driver suffered multiple injuries and was transported to a local hospital where he was admitted for treatment. He is listed in serious but stable condition. Martha Hernandez-Majano, 27, who was in the front passenger seat, as well as Renen Vides Jr., 4, who was in a booster seat in the center rear of the vehicle, were also transported to a local hospital with multiple traumatic injuries. Both succumb to their injuries and were pronounced deceased a short time later by a staff physician. The 2003 Mitsubishi was impounded from the scene for brake and safety checks. No charges regarding this accident are pending at this time. The investigation into the accident continues.
Eastbound Old Country Road at East Gate Boulevard was closed due to an auto accident on Sept. 29 at 12:34 p.m. It was reopened at about 5 p.m.
All lanes of the Northern State Parkway were shut down on Oct. 1 at 2:19 p.m. for a car fire.
The eastbound HOV lane of the Long Island Expressway at exit 41 was closed on Oct. 3 at 7:22 p.m. due to a car accident. It was reopened at 9:11 p.m.
A burglary occurred in Hicksville on Set. 22, at 4:10 a.m. According to detectives, an unknown subject entered Harry’s Pharmacy at 333 South Broadway by breaking the glass on the front door with a cinder block. The subject then removed an undetermined amount of pharmaceuticals. Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
A Hicksville man was arrested for multiple crimes that occurred throughout Nassau County between Aug. 13 and Oct. 1, 2013. According to police, Carlos U. Mejia, 18, was arrested without incident on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:50 p.m. on Hicksville Road at Fourth Street in Hicksville. He is charged with the following:
- On Aug. 13 he violated an order of protection against a 19-year old male victim in Hicksville.
- On Sept. 13 he stole a 2012 Volkswagen Golf from Bethpage Road Hicksville belonging to a 42-year old male victim. The crime was captured on video surveillance.
- On Sept. 23 he violated a second order of protection by going to a residence in Levittown. While at that residence the defendant stole a steering wheel belonging to a 31-year old male victim.
- On Sept. 28 the Grand Prix Auto Dealership on S. Broadway Hicksville reported a burglary with the proceeds listed as seven sets of keys and cars on the lot.
- On Oct. 1 the police were notified that a previously reported stolen vehicle from the Grand Prix Auto Dealership was parked in a lot on Heitz Place in Hicksville. When the complainant arrived at the scene to wait for police arrival, the complainant observed defendant Mejia enter the lot driving a vehicle matching the description of one of the stolen cars. The complainant approached the defendant about the vehicle causing the defendant to flee the scene.
A small fire occurred in a home at 43 Myers Ave. on Oct. 2 at 8:54 p.m.
A car overturned on Sept. 24 at Tulip Avenue and Hill Street at 2 p.m. The vehicle landed upright and no entrapment was reported. There were three minor injuries reported.
A 39-year-old woman from Brooklyn was arrested on Sept. 25 for the theft of more than $500 in merchandise from Lord & Taylor.
A 28-year-old Queens woman was arrested on Sept. 27 for the theft of $486 in assorted merchandise from Lord & Taylor.
A 54-year-old Queens woman was arrested on Sept. 30 for the theft of $452 in assorted merchandise from Lord & Taylor.
On Sept. 30 a 71-year-old Garden City resident was turning left from eastbound Seventh Street onto Franklin Avenue and struck a 28-year-old Garden City resident walking across the street.
A West Hempstead man was texting while driving before fatally crashing into a tree just before 10 p.m. Thursday in Garden City, Nassau County Homicide Squad detectives report.