The New Hyde Park Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on Tuesday, April 17. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- On April 23 the village will be hosting a (TVASNEC) at the New Hyde Park Road School Auditorium. The meeting starts at 7 p.m.
- Kurt Langjahr, the village Director of Environment Control encouraged residences to come to the meeting to voice their concerns.
- Uniondale Landscaping (Uniodale) had its landscaping permit accepted. They are a new applicant.
- Tow Guys (New Hyde Park) and Millennium Container Service (Wantagh) both had their tow car licenses accepted.
Car Wash Requests
- Boy Scout Troop 298 will hold a car wash on May 12.
- NHP Memorial Field Hockey team will hold a car wash on May 19.
- Cub Scout Pack 489 will hold a car wash on June 2.
- The NHP Road School 6th grade will hold a car wash on July 14.
- The following banks will now become depositories for the village: Valley National (formerly State Bank of LI), First National Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo (formerly Wachovia) and Capital One.
Other Board News
- Cub Scout Pack 489 will use Marcus Christ Hall on Friday April 27 for “Pack Night.”
- Department of Public Works will begin planting trees around the village. They have received 48 requests from residents.
- FEMA has reimbursed the village $36,000 because of the damage from .
- Trustee Robert Lofaro informed residents that a white van has been seen around the village taking newspapers from resident's driveway. He encouraged residents to be on the lookout.
- The village held its Community Clean up day on April 21.