The New Hyde Park Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on June 19. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
Block Party Requests
- Saturday, July 21: Millers Lane between Jericho and Station Road from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Barricades will be set up south of Walk Street/Angelina’s driveway north of the parking lot.
- Saturday, July 28: North Second Street between Brooklyn and Lowell Avenues from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, August 4: South 10th Street between Third and Fifth Avenues from noon to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11- South 12th Street between Sixth Avenue and Stewart Avenue from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18- North Fifth Street between Brooklyn and Lowell Avenues from noon to 10 p.m.
- All block parties were approved by the village board with the stipulation that all amplified systems will be shut down by 11 p.m.
Village Court Room Use Request
- A request was made from CBS Productions to use the village court room from Wednesday, June 27 through Thursday June 28 (and possibly Friday, June 29) from 7 a.m. through 8 p.m. to film an episode of “The Good Wife.”
- The village board denied the request because of disruption of business during weekday business hours. Mayor Daniel Petruccio said it might have been granted if done on the weekend.
- The Summer Concert in the Park series started Wednesday, June 20 at 7 p.m. at with an Elvis tribute performed by Anthony Liguori, Jr. On July 11 there will be a performance from The Jersey Four, a tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, as the second concert with three more following at the park throughout the summer. All concerts are free.
- Katie’s Run will start at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 24 with 5k and two mile course runs. The run will start at the Home and end at Albert and Wilton Streets, A barbeque will immediate follow. For more information, go to www.katiesrun.com.
- Monday, June 25 registration begins for the summer camp program at the . The program runs from July 9 through August 9.
The board approved budgetary transfers in the following amounts:
- The village court retained a grant for over $2,700 for new carpeting in the judge’s quarters.
- A resolution was made authorizing transfer of funds between budgetary account codes. The village increased revenue in court supplies and moved over $5,000 out of transportation funds.
Other Board News
- Approximately 69 building permits were issued in May and a total of 748 permits were issued for the year.
- Mayor Daniel Petruccio suggested that the be shortened next year as he hopes it will increase participation.
- Resident Bruce Hecht said that more police presence is needed on Albert Street and Lincoln Avenue, including Memorial Park due to youths loitering until late hours, drinking and littering. Hecht said these youths do not show any respect for property or other people. New Hyde Park Auxiliary Officer John Concannon said if he sees any disturbances in the park or its surroundings he will call 911, asking other residents to do the same.
- On Friday, June 22 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. all participants for Katie’s Run are invited to a free pasta and beer party at the New Hyde Park Elks Lodge #2107, located at 901 Lakeville Road.
The next meeting of the New Hyde Park Village Board will be on Tuesday, July 17 at 8 p.m. at the . The Inspector from the Third Precinct is scheduled to speak and answer questions from residents.