The New Hyde Park Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on May 1. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
TVASNAC Meeting Aftermath
- Following a , Mayor Daniel Petruccio expressed his desire to hold a future meeting with TVASNAC and that the power to enforce flightpaths over the communities needs to come from the Federal authorities.
- It was also noted that Next Gen Technology wants to initiate more planes in a more rapid fashion, which equals more noise and lower planes.
- One of the desires of the group is that airplane noise should be evenly dispersed in the community and other communities should have their fair share.
Miss Teen New Hyde Park
- Alexandra Rasch, the Miss Teen New Hyde Park winner paid a visit to the village board Tuesday night.
- Rasch has been appointed to represent Miss Teen New York, a pageant run by Donald Trump.
- The winner will go on to Miss Teen USA and then onto Miss Teen Universe.
- She is currently freshman at .
North Hempstead Road Project
- At the net meeting of the , a vote on a resolution to borrow money to complete a road project within New Hyde Park will take place.
- This resolution will be discussed in detail at the next village board meeting.
- Doll Study Club
Car Wash Requests
- Lady Leopards Wildcat Soccer Club
Other Board News
- Kiwanis Long Island North division will hold a bike collection drive at the village hall from 10 a.m. to 12 noon on May 5.
- The village held its annual spring cleanup day on April 21.
- The village will begin its annual tree planting program within two weeks.
- The department of public works is currently working on .
The next meeting of the New Hyde Park Village Board will be held on May 15 at 8 p.m. at the .