The New Hyde Park Village Board of Trustees held a meeting on November 8. Here are some things you may have missed.
- The New Hyde Park Lions Club requested to use the Central Boulevard parking lot from November 23 to December 23 to hold their annual Christmas Tree sale.
- The Nassau County CERT requested the use of Marcus Christ Hall on November 13 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and requested that the rental fee be waived.
2013 Village Election
- The 2013 village election will be held on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at Marcus Christ Hall between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- The following positions on the village board are up for elections: mayor (4 years), 2 trustees (4 years), village justice (4 years).
Other Board News
- The building department will waive all fees for hurricane-related repairs and restorations until further notice.
- Boy Scout Troop 298 will hold their annual pancake breakfast on Sunday, January 27 from 8 a.m. to noon at Marcus Christ Hall.
- The New Hyde Park Police Activity League will hold a children’s karate program at Marcus Christ Hall on the following Tuesdays: November 20, November 27, December 4, December 18 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on the following Thursdays: November 29, December 6 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- A special use permit hearing will be held on Tuesday, December 4 at 7:30 p.m. for Garden Evergreen Corp. to sell packaged food at the discount variety store at 1335 Jericho Turnpike.
The next meeting of the New Hyde Park Village Board is on November 20 at 8 p.m. at the village hall.