The New Hyde Park Village Board met for their January meeting on Tuesday night. In case you missed out, here are some of the highlights from the meeting:
- The board discussed a request from the principal of the New Hyde Park Road School for a “drop zone” on Park Avenue. The board asked DPW (Department of Public Works) Superintendent Tom Gannon to pursue this further with the principal and the village attorney and will report back.
- A resolution was made to appoint Village Clerk Kate Hillman as the budget officer. This is a formality because every year the budget officer must be re-appointed.
- Trustee Coppola reported that the New Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce will be celebrating its 50 year anniversary gala at the annual installation dinner at The Inn at New Hyde Park on Jan. 19 at 6 p.m. Ed Mangano will be the guest speaker.
- Mayor Petruccio announced in Trustee Barbieri’s absence that the board met with Tom Sorvino regarding Operation Mainstreet (Jericho Turnpike) and the plans are moving along.
- Trustee Lofaro said that there have been a number of significant changed within the Village Hall family and Mayor Petruccio plans to note those changes in the upcoming newsletter.
- Village Auditor, Bill Barrett, will attend next month’s meeting.