The North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute will hold Breast Cancer Update 2012, a free community education and inspiration program on Tuesday, June 19 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Rust Auditorium at North Shore University Hospital (NSUH), 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030.
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women. In 2012, the American Cancer Society estimates that about 226,870 new cases will be diagnosed, and about 39,510 women will die from the disease. Join the North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute for an evening of innovation, information and inspiration with presentations on topics from decision making and breast irradiation to breast cancer facts and lifestyle, by leading breast cancer clinicians including:
- Laura Weiselberg, MD, Chief of Breast Cancer Services for the Monter Cancer Center and NSUH
- Karen Kostroff, MD, Chief of Breast Surgery for North Shore-LIJ
- Beatrice Bloom, MD, Radiation Oncologist for North Shore-LIJ
- Jane Carleton, MD, Medical Oncologist, for the Monter Cancer Center and North Shore-LIJ
- Iuliana Shapira, MD, Director of the Cancer Genetics Program for the Monter Cancer Center and North Shore-LIJ
- Mary Leong, MD, Associate Director of Gynecology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Pre-registration is preferred, but walk-ins are welcome. For more information or to register call (516) 465-2500 or visit northshorelij.com/community. Parking is available in the garage—please bring your parking ticket to the event for validation.