The Herricks Board of Education held a meeting on Thursday, Feb. 16. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- The board extended the district’s contract with Nesco Bus Maintenance for bus repairs and maintenance work in the 2012-2013 school year. There was no increase in the price of this contract.
- A 60-month lease with Canon Business Solutions was approved for the leage of three Canon copiers, which cost $1,650 a month and produce about 1.68 million copies a year.
- The board accepted a donation of $350 from the Herricks Art Boosters Association.
- Another gift of two $250 scholarships from the Chinese American Association of North Hempstead were accepted. This scholarship are for seniors in the class of 2012.
- A third gift of two Yamaha tenor saxophones from Herricks High School graduate Jonathan Lee were accepted.
The next meeting of the Herricks Board of Education will be on Thursday, March 1 at 7:15 p.m. at the community center. A budget meeting will also take place at that time.