The Herricks Board of Education held a meeting on Thursday, February 28. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- Assistant Superintendent Dr. Deirdre Hayes gave a presentation about the new New York State and AP assessments.
- She explained that with the common core standards that students are have to focus less on formulas and more on context and concepts.
- The board approved the donation of $2.521.34 from the Herricks Indo-US Community togo toward the Middle School cafeteria.
- A donation of $300 from the Herricks-Indo US Community was accepted by the board of education for the high school organic vegetable garden.
- The board approved a donation of $349.88 from the Herricks Art Boosters Association to be used for the high school robotic trip at the Jacob Javits Center.
- A donation of six Lego NXT kits was made by the Herricks Art Boosters Association to the Middle School. The cost of one Lego kit is $1,735.
Other Board News
- The board approved a non-pollution easement agreement with the Albertson Water District.