The Herricks Board of Education held a meeting on Thursday, January 24. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- The board accepted its audit report from R.S. Abrams and Company.
- Superintendent Dr. John Bierwirth said that this year’s report was a good audit.
2013-14 School Calendar
- The board adopted a 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school calendar.
- Dr. Bierwirth said he wanted to give some families more time to plan for their vacations and schedules by potentially approving calendars for the next few years.
- The board accepted a grant of $604.13 from the Herricks Athletic Boosters for a hydroboost water cooler and bottle filler.
- The board accepted a gift of two $1,000 scholarships from the Herricks Community Fund.
Other Board News
- Iman Zeid, a Herricks parent, has been appointed to the committee on special education as a parent member.
- The board approved to keep its excess major medical renewal rates the same as the current year.
- The district has joined the National Joint Powers Alliance, which allows the district to have some bargaining power when it now goes out for national bids.
- The board voted to extend its contract for bus and van maintenance and reporais with Nesco Bus Maintenance for the 2013-2014. The contract’s price has not increased since 2005.
The next meeting of the Herricks Board of Education will be on Thursday, February 7 at the community center.