The Herricks Board of Education held a meeting on Thursday, March 7. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- Ronald Ellerbe, Robert Schoen and Fran Lansgner were nominated by the board of education to the BOCES board.
- These three people will serve three year terms each.
2013 Summer Music Program
- Summer music program fees and salaries were set.
- The fees are: $325 for the first child in the family, $320 for the second child and $305 for the third child.
- The salaries are: $3,800 for the director, $1,800 for the teachers, $845 for counselors with one through three years of experience, $905 for counselors with four or more years of experience.
Other Board News
- The reorganizational meeting will be on July 1.
- The board approved of Harbor Child Care to be a collaborative agency that will be providing universal Pre-K services for 55 students. Superintendent Dr. John Bierwirth explained that the state gives the district a specific monetary amount for this purpose.
- The board approved the adding four days with consultant Educational Mathematics Curriculum Consulting for a total of $4,000. Assistant Superintendent Dr. Deirdre Hayes explained that the middle school requested an extra day with this group and the other days will be spread out among the kindergarten through fifth graders.
The next meeting of the Herricks Board of Education will be on Thursday, March 21 at 7:15 p.m. at the community center.