The Herricks Board of Education held a meeting on Monday, July 2. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
- Assistant Superintendent Helen Costigan was appointed district clerk for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Mary Stein was made the district treasurer for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Lydia Pettinato was appointed the district’s deputy treasurer for the 2012-2013 school year at a salary of $3,546 for the year. She will be given an extra $1,183 if there is a second district vote. Pettinato was also made the deputy treasurer at no additional expense to the district.
- Judith Miehling was made the acting district clerk for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Jim Brown was appointed as clerk of the works/project manager for capital projects for the district for $15,000 a year.
- Dr. Bagdid Baghdassarian was approved as the district's chief physician. He will receive a $6,000 retainer for his consultation services and a fee for services such as physicals. Physicals are $14 and to supervise $175 varsity, junior varsity and middle school football games. Superintendent Dr. John Bierwirth said that Dr. Baghdassarian hasn’t changed his fees since Dr. Bierwirth started working in the district.
- New board member Nancy Feinstein was made the parliamentarian for the 2012-2013 school year.
- New board member Brian Hassan and new board Vice President James Gounaris were named to the BOCES budget advisory committee for the 2012-2013 school year.