Timothy Foley and Marisa Pugliese were named the Nassau County Outstanding Physical Education Students 2012-2013 for New Hyde Park Memorial High School.
The award recipient exemplifies and demonstrates an understanding of the New York State Learning Standards for Health and Physical Education by:
- Exhibiting a physically active lifestyle, both during and outside of school.
- Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior – including good sportsmanship, character, civility and citizenship
- Demonstrates leadership and is a positive influence on their peers
- Demonstrates and values a healthy lifestyle and lifelong learning
- Exhibits exceptional achievement in physical education class
- Achieves a high level of fitness on an approved fitness test
Foley and Pugliese were awarded the honor at the Crest Hollow Country Club with Physical Education teacher, Ms. Jacqueline Rizzuti on Monday, Dec. 10, 2012.