The Board of Education held a meeting on Monday, April 16. Here are some of the things you may have missed.
Sewanhaka 2012-13 Budget
- Trustee David Del Santo noted that the Sewahaka Central High School District has that falls within the guidelines of the tax cap.
- “It was very hard to reach that and it poses unique challenges this year and years going forward,” he said.
The board approved the following personnel changes:
- Melissa Gentleman (appointment substitute teacher)
- Thomas Liverani (appointment substitute teacher)
- Mirella Honovic (substitute cafeteria monitor/ substitute door monitor)
- Vanessa Defendini (substitute cafeteria monitor/ substitute door monitor)
- Mildred Tassone (appointment of clerk for annual district voting)
- Linda Rhodes (appointment of clerk for annual district voting)
- Lisa Miranda (resignation - permanent cafeteria monitor)
- Saima Pervaiz (resignation - permanent cafeteria monitor).
- The board accepted a donation of $2,370 from the sixth grade parents to be used toward the sixth grade trip to Project Adventure on June 13 (rain date June 20).
- A donation of a tree from was accepted to be planted on Earth Day, April 25, 2012.
Flow-through contracts were approved with the following service providers:
- Bilinguals, Inc.
- UCP of Nassau County
- Brookville Center for Childhood Development Program
- Kidz Therapy, LLC
- Mill Neck Manor for the Deaf.
Health and welfare services agreements were approved with school districts for the service of students attending non-public schools located in NHP-GCP but residing in the following districts:
- Carle Place
- Cold Spring Harbor
- Franklin Square
- Floral Park
- Garden City
- Great Neck
- Middle County School District
- Valley Stream 13
- Valley Stream 30
Special education contracts were approved with the following:
- Mill Neck – Sign Language Interpretation Services
- Mill Neck 4201 Service Agreement
- Green Chimney’s Children’s Services.
Other Board News
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars requested the use of the and bands to participate in the annual Memorial Day Parade on May 28, 2012 at 10 a.m. The VFW is also requesting the and Hillside Grade School bands participate in the Memorial Day Parade on May 26, 2012 at 10 a.m.
- First readings of revisions were held on the following district policies: Duties of the District Clerk; Students with Life Threatening Health Conditions.
- The board approved the issuance of a tax anticipation note (TAN) for the 2012-13 budget not to exceed $5 million.
The next meeting of the NHP-GCP Board of Education will be on Monday, May 21 at 8 p.m. at the Manor Oaks School.